Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eggstravaganza

We had a lovely Easter weekend. Our church has moved into its new building, just across the street from the old one, but a lot more room. Parking is still a challenge, even when arriving 20 minutes earlier!

The kids have been having Easter celebrations at school and getting eggs all week. When did the Easter Bunny and gifts get so big? The kids probably got as much candy as Halloween, which I confiscated. What is the tradition behind the Easter bunny? How does it get into the house? Why does the bunny leave gifts or hide the eggs? Although I prepared more than 2 dozen eggs for school, treats for their parties, and decorated baskets, I refused to buy Easter gifts for the kids on top of that.

For the egghunt, we wanted to check out Broomfield's annual Eggstravaganza. It sounded good until the weather turned cold. It was snowing the morning of the egg hunt, so the event moved indoors. It was fun for the kids, but thank goodness over in a few chaotic minutes. Check out the video:



Mason got more eggs than his basket could hold!


I made bunny chocolate chip pancakes for the kids and chorizo and egg tacos with fresh guac for brunch.


No comments: