Bill and I went to NYC for the weekend sans kids. My friend from childhood, Julia, got engaged and is getting married this September. I'm in her wedding and the other bridesmaids are all in Brazil. So I wanted to be with her to do some wedding planning and meet her fiancé Glenn.
Bill came along to keep Glenn company. It was our first trip together without the kids. My parents picked the kids up from school on Friday, took them to their activities, watched over the weekend and took them to school on Monday morning. Thank you Gong Gong and Bu Bu!
While we have both been to NY recently, Bill and I hadn't been in NY together for almost 10 years. Julia's place is one block from Columbus Square and Central Park, a great location. We enjoyed the restaurants near by, although we didn't get to try Toto Ramen because of the 2 hour wait! Aside from the wedding stuff and getting to know Glenn, we ran at Central Park, toured the Met for a couple of hours, went Highline (elevated park from the old railroad tracks), went to dinner with our friends Cindy and David, grilled Brazilian picanha on the rooftop with great views. Glenn took Bill to some gadget stores and check put the 3D printer store (I told him NOT to come home with a 3D printer).
It was a perfect weekend trip. There is always so much to see, eat and do in NYC. Hope to be back soon.








No comments:
Post a Comment