Monday, April 13, 2015

Beaver Creek

We met our friends April, Mat and their daughter Izzy (7) from SD and their friend Maureen and daughter Anya (7) from SF in Beaver Creek.  They all spent one night with us at our house and went up for the weekend.  They had a condo at Strawberry Park and we got a great deal at the Osprey.  They are usually both ski in/ski out, if the lift was open (which was not as most of the snow was gone).  But still the location was fantastic just across from the main village.  

It was the last weekend at Beaver Creek, and only part of the mountain open, but they still had no problem charging $159 for a lift ticket!  Luckily we had $60 tickets from our friend Tim who is a merchandizing buyer at Vail resorts.  Also, Bill got a free day for signing up for next year's season pass.

Mason and Audrey can both ski next to you.  Bill took them the first day, while I worked and got a massage in the afternoon. Audrey jointed the girls in ski school (I had to lie about her age for them to be together), and Bill and Mason skied together, while I enjoyed 4+ hours oat the spa.  Mason is already better than I'm skiing and he went down his first black (by accident), which caused some tears.




No comments: