It seems obvious that I stopped updating this blog. One of the main reasons is that the Blogger App has been discontinued for the iPhone (Google and Apple battles I guess). I might still create a few entries, but they will probably be many months apart.
General updates:
Audrey is now 8, and started playing soccer. She still loves to cook and sing. She started 3rd grade (Hulstrom Mrs. Robinson) and she is doing great, especially in Math (scoring at 2 grades ahead). Reading is still a struggle, she can read of course, but doesn't love to do it.
Mason is now 10, and is still still playing ice hockey. His trial outs are this weekend, and that will determine if we will have a light year in rec league or a long year with the competitive league. He is in 5th grade (Hulstrom Mrs. Johnson) and also doing great across the board.
Both still go to swim team, have piano and Chinese classes on Sundays. It is busy for them and for us.
Sasha is at least 14 years old now, and her bark is getting louder because she is going deaf. She has some joint/hip issues, moves a little slower, and is still kicking and happy.
I got promoted to VP of Product late last year, when my previous VP went on to found a start-up. I am enjoying running a huge team (~90) across various product mgmt, program, and product marketing functions. Because the teams are in various locations, I travel a ton. I think I reached Premier Platinum status with United in July. I am still having tons of fun working for Oracle Data Cloud, and we are over 1,600 people now.
Bill is still at LightReading Informa. It was rough after Chris' death, but he and his team seem to be at a better place. He is still exploring doing something different.
We both stayed regimented in working out with our personal trainer, Dylan, at Lifetime. I don't run as much as I once did, even thought we have a new treadmill in the basement.
We bought a place in Winter Park after looking at resorts in Summit County (Vail, Breck, Beaver Creek and Keystone) for many years. Deciding factors ended up being the value of Winter Park (much cheaper than Vail resorts), the place itself right across from WP with great views and ready to move in, we love Frazer Valley in the Summer, and not having to drive through the Eisenhower tunnel (traffic can be horrible) and when traffic is in good condition we can get door to door in 1.5 hours.
Our friends Julie and John ended up buying 4 doors down from us. Their daughter Lexi is the same age as Audrey and they are BFFs.
In terms of big trips, we have traveled to Maui to celebrate Brantley's 80th earlier in the Summer and will be going to New Zealand to visit Shef, Sandra and their family over Christmas and New Years. Bill and I are going to London together in Oct for work, and I head to Tel Aviv for the first time for work the week after. Picking up some more miles.
All sets of parents, mine, Bill's Mom Helen and Jack, Bill's Dad Brantley and Sandra are also well.
I can't say how grateful I am each and every day for my kids, Bill, family, friends, our careers and the life we are lucky to live. Our time in this world is limited, but I hope to leave something good behind and live with no regrets.







No comments:
Post a Comment