Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Steps!!!

When Dad and Sandra were here last week, I had left the room to go to the "rest" room. From there I heard a loud exclamation, but didn't know what had happened. When I came back, they informed me that Mason had gone from the coffee table to the exersaucer (about 3-4 steps) - on his feet - unassisted!

Of course, I missed it.... sigh. However, over the next few days, I saw him take a step here and there. And on Saturday (4/12) - I finally saw with my own 2 eyes - 3 steps from the high chair to a table chair! Yay Mason! He's 9 /1/2 months. Apparently, my sister Shawn walked at 9 months, and I walked at 10 months, so I guess he has split the difference.

We'll try to capture some video, but you never know when these moments will happen, and they are brief. He still prefers to crawl, but I don't think it will be long before he is walking everywhere. I don't know whether to be happy or scared.

No comments: