I've had 2 kids now, and never felt a contraction. Yes, some would say that is unfair. With Mason it wasn't really a choice to have him naturally - he was breach and measuring large. With Audrey, I could have chosen to let nature take its course, but my recovery from the first c-section was so easy that I chose the easy way out. :-)
There was the same level of anxiety about having a major surgery, but having a great doctor and having gone through it once before made me more comfortable. In fact, right before the c-section, while the nurses prepared and asked me my medical history in the room, I fell asleep for a 15-minute "power nap". The nurses were in awe and said that never happens. I have strong sleep genes that allows me to fall asleep anywhere, which I hope I passed on to both Mason and Audrey.
I'm happy that the recovery this time was even easier than the first time. I was up and walking late afternoon and never had to take more than Ibuprofen for some minor pain. We chose to leave the hospital a day early. I wouldn't recommend c-sections to anyone who doesn't need them, as I know my recovery is unusual, and I have immense respect for anyone who didn't take the easy way out as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment