Audrey had become increasingly fussy in the past month. In Atlanta, she didn't like being held by anyone other than me. I could see she was feeling really uncomfortable with stomach issues. As we returned, Bill asked me if it could be the formula. We had been replacing 1-2 meals with formula as I prepared to go back to work. We were giving her the same Enfamil Lipil formula Mason had as a baby and didn't have any issues. Bill reminded me how fussy Audrey got when I had a milk shake a couple of weeks back. That day, after I had a milk shake during lunch, Audrey just refused to nurse and she had some major stomach problems. I'm also slightly lactose intolerant, but sacrifice for the occasional milk shake - but for the time being, I have cut out dairy from my diet. So, we decided to try the soy-based formula sample we had from the hospital. In one day, Audrey was a completely different baby and back to being happy and mellow again! Her poop and gas smelled horrible from the soy-formula, but she was a happy as a clam. We have since tried with Enfamil Gentlease that contains 1/5 of the lactose from the regular formula, and she seems to like that too. We only wish we had found that out sooner, so she could have been a happier baby in Atlanta.

1 comment:
Audrey is adorable! You are two beautiful kids :) Come visit SF soon, now that you have plane travel down to a science!
Post a Comment