Friday, May 14, 2010

Crazy week

Many things contributed to the last week being crazy, here are a few:

1) My parents left last Wednesday, and prompty after, Audrey's pink eye turned to a flu. She had a temperature of around 102.5 from Wednesday through Friday, even with around the clock ibuprofen and acetaminhophen. I took off Thursday and Bill took off Friday from work to walk Audrey.

2) Bill's sister Heidi was in Colorado for work and took a couple of extra days to visit us and Heather. The visit part was very pleasant. Heidi and I took sick Audrey along to lunch in Boulder on Thursday, met up with Bill and our nephew Edward who goes to CU for lunch. We went to Bill's new favorite little lunch spot (Arabesque) that I had only heard about, but never been too. A nice couple owns it and Manal makes all the fresh Middle Eastern food herself. The place was empty as we sat down at 1:30 pm for a late lunch. Audrey ate her baby food first and before our food arrived, proceeded to vomit it all back!! Thank goodness for the extra outfit! Manal and her husband were also so nice and understanding, being parents of 3 kids. We had a lovely time otherwise, but Ed was not as interested in his babaghannouj after the "incident". The cold progressed to an ear infection by this past Wednesday.

Pciture below taken at the end of our lunch, after the clean up...


3) We have been full time parents this week. We know we are spoiled by my parents being around, helping cook dinner, pick up and take the kids to school, watching the kids as we go work out, etc. And we know most other parents do everything themselves, so we have done nothing special by most people's standards. But, boy, is it tiring! Especially with a sick kid waking up at night.

4) As schools approach their Summer breaks, we are still getting cold weather and snow in Colorado. It snowed about 3-4 inches on Wednesday. I cannot wait for warmer weather. In fact, we are leaving for a week in Clearwater Florida - I've never been so excited to go to the beach and be in warm weather.

5) In addition to all above, I've been working most evenings after the kids go to sleep. I've been working with our Korean team on a sale, so that means calls at 9 pm at night. Last week, I even had to present in a webinar at 2 AM my time.

I hope this is over and things can go back to "normal": healthy kids, warm Spring weather, some additional help from Gong Gong and Bu Bu, and normal business hours.

No comments: