Monday, May 3, 2010

Pink shirt, pink shoes, oh no, pink eye!

Audrey woke up on Saturday with gunk on her eyelashes. I knew it right away, pink eye! I gave her a couple of drops from Mason's last prescription and called the nurse right away to get a prescription called in. After her second set of drops and her nap, she was already looking better.


Mason always had a bad cold after both cases of pink eye he's had, and I don't know if there is any validity to the link, but Audrey started displaying some cold symptoms. I hope it doesn't get worse, since Gong Gong and Bu Bu leave for the UK this Wed night, and if the kids get sick, Bill or I will need to take the day off.

By noon on Saturday, Audrey looked like she was feeling better so we headed to one of our local fire station's open house. It was good day to be outdoors and get some vitamin D. Mason got to ride on the vintage firetruck twice and sit on Flight for Life helicopter that landed in the field next door. You can see his big smile.


PS: the band aid is just for show. He keeps pointing to his left eyebrow where he got that one stitch and saying he has a "boo boo". He says that to everyone, complete strangers at stores, in restaurants, everywhere. It is no longer a "boo boo", it is barely a scar, but once in a while he wants his Spiderman or toy story band aid on it.

No comments: