Bill and I don't celebrate Valentines. I told him years ago that I didn't want flowers or any gifts. In fact, we ended up having dinner at Chick-fil-a, where the kids wanted to go, so they could play in the kids area afterwards.
However planning for Valetines is still not easy. Between the two kids they have 6 teachers and 45 classmates. There is more and more options of candies, little gifts and cards every year. Target has the same amount of aisles they dedicate for Christmas full of Valentines stuff. Candies for friends, fruit for their parties, cards and chocolates for the teachers, cards for each of Mason's classmates... Oofda.
Mason's assignment was to create a box that could hold cards he would receive, and to write a card to each of his 21 classmates. We took the assignment seriously and he spent two afternoons writing them. The cards he received were disappointing, only one I would call an actual card like the ones he wrote, all others only wrote his name and their names. But he didn't really notice and went directly for the candy.
Audrey is definitely a candy freak (Bill's genes). We don't need more holidays that encourage candy giving. At least she brushes her teeth and is getting better at doing it herself. She couldn't be happier to get all the valentines candy, and asks about having candy for lunch and dinner. Let's see how long we can keep the cavities away.

No comments:
Post a Comment