We rented a house with the Prices this weekend. Jen and Winston have two boys (Ethan 7 and Cayden 5) and they get along great with Mason and Audrey. We chose Sol Vista (now renamed Granby Ranch) because it is a very family friendly resort 30 minutes from Winter Park. After two ski lessons and a day skiing on the leash between this year and last year, we wanted to let Mason practice on an easier hill. Bill and Winston were going to board together, and Jen and I were going to take the 3 boys. We signed Audrey up for her 2nd full-day ski lesson.
Since we were going to stay on the Milestone lift all day ($20 lift ticket for me and free for him), I put on skis to ski with Mason. I haven't been in skis in almost 15 years (snowboarding boots are much more comfortable)! I'm still good enough to teach Mason the basics on the green hill (it won't be long until he surpasses my abilities). He was mastering his "pizza" (snowplow), "french fries" (straight skis), turning to both sides, control skiing and stopping by the end of the day. We took the lift about a dozen times before we had to stop to pick up Audrey from ski school. But Mason wasn't done yet, and Bill took him on another 5-6 runs.
We can't wait to go up again next weekend to Copper with Bill's sister Shawn and Lena. This time, I may put Audrey on a leash and have Mason ski next to us.
Here is a video Bill took.
No comments:
Post a Comment