We just got our new piano delivered today! It's very exciting to have a piano again. We decided for a new Yamaha B3 upright. Although we have space for a baby grand, we didn't want to worry about kids running around it. We want the kids to feel comfortable to walk up and play, with a few rules of clean fingers and no food or drinks. We were also able to spend more on a upright 4 ft, instead of a so so baby grand.
After looking for used pianos, nothing stood out, specially since you can't know the conditions without really checking it out. We didn't have the time or expertise. What sealed the deal was the store policy that if we ever want to upgrade, they will give us the full value of this piano towards a new one! So far, we are thrilled with it and hope to have and enjoy for decades.
Bill can play by ear, I can't. I can read music, but rusty, it's been a while! After so many years of lessons I'm still terrible, but enjoy playing again. It is a lovely sound to have in the home again.
Mason starts lessons this week. We will for Audrey as well, but probably a little later. I've told her she can start once she stops sucking her finger, let's see if that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment