But they also enjoy retirement, as they should. They go back to China once a year for at least a month and take at least one or two international trips and cruises. They believe they should travel while they still are healthy and able to walk mid to long distances to explore these places. Last year they went to China, Thailand, Japan and Brazil. Late last month they left for Greece and a 17-day cruise of the Mediterranean, ending in London, from were they will fly back (nonstop). My mom has always hated flying, but enjoys the destination. This year between the missing plane and sinking ship, she was almost ready to cancel. But it seems they are having a good time for the short text messages and emails my dad has sent.
Last year, I was still working from home, so school drop offs and pick ups were not a big deal. But this time around, Bill and I have had to take turns. I'm doing all the drop offs and he does all he pick ups. Added to the mix class projects, teacher appreciation week, field trips, and birthday parties and my head hurts... I've always been organized and plan things way ahead, but I feel that I am losing control of all the balls up in the air.
Work is getting busier as I come up to speed. Days that used to feel long, now go by in a blink. Keeping a regular workout schedule has been hard, but I force myself out of bed at 6:30 am for a run at least 3 times during the week. What does this all mean?? Coffee! I had stopped drinking coffee regularly for more than 7 years, since I was pregnant with Mason. But now, I am back to having 3-4 cups a day from the great selection of brews at work.
I will be happy to have my parents back in a week!

No comments:
Post a Comment