Friday, May 22, 2015

Strep party of 3

Mason threw up at the Atlanta airport (or right outside by the curb)  on their way back to Denver.  Uncertain if he was able to fly, Bill have him Advil and monitored him throughout the hour before their flight.  He ended up sleeping most of it.

We knew he wasn't well enough to go back to school on Monday.  He had a fever most of the night before.  Bill wanted to take him to the clinic to get him checked, as there had been cases of step in his classroom, including his teacher a week back.  I proceeded to take Audrey to school and headed to work.

At around 11 am, I get a text from Bill confirming Mason had strep!  All of us needed to also get tested.  I left work in a hurry, as if I had strep I had a few hours to get meds started, so I could catch my flight next afternoon to SF for work.  We also picked up Audrey for school. Sure enough, both Bill and I tested positive and Audrey luckily was the only one who didn't have it (although we had a prescription ready to go if she started to show symptoms). 

Antibiotics + 24 hours and everyone was better.  Made my trip the next day.

No comments: