Sunday, October 21, 2007

Can I have the bottle please?

Mason has gotten the bottle more often since I've gone back to work. He was getting two bottles of breastmilk and/or formula during the day while I am at work. I was still trying to breastfeed him in the morning and twice at night. He quickly figured out that it is a lot easier for him to drink from a bottle. Lately he has refused to breastfeed for more than a couple of minutes, kicks, hits and fusses until I give up trying to feed him. Consequently, he gets hungry only 2 hours later. He is still pretty good during the early morning feeding when he is sleepy and hungry. The evening feedings were a battle I was quickly losing. Since going back strickly breastfeeding is not an option, I've decided to bottle feed all the meals except the morning one. We are both happier with the new plan. That means I will pump the rest of the meals and probably need to supplement more formula, but at least he is still getting some breastmilk. I will try to keep up with this plan as long as I can, or until the end of the Winter.

No comments: