Friday, October 12, 2007

First trip away from Mason

I had my first 3 days away from Mason last week in Las Vegas for a conference. There were weeks of preparation (freezing breastmilk) and worry, but my parents, Bill and Mason all did great.

The hardest hours were the trip to the airport and sitting at the airport watching other families with their babies. Once in Vegas, work distractions and my two presentations kept me busy. I called a couple of time daily to check in. When I asked my mom how everything was going on my first day away, she said "everything is fine, Mason hasn't even cried since you left." There is a fine line between waiting everything to be okay, and wanting to be missed a little!! *snif*

I tried to enjoy the trip as much as I could as a new mom away from home. Since I was throwing out my expressed milk, I had my first glass of wine and coffee in about one year. I tried to sleep through the night, not having a baby to worry about, but ended up waking up in the middle of the night just the same.

I'm glad to be back.

No comments: