Monday, January 19, 2009

To eat or not to eat

Mason goes from being a great eater, to not wanting anything at all. I hear it is one of the joys of raising a toddler. During Christmas and New Years, there were about 10 days that Mason ate anything and everything you put in front of him. Then came a cold, an infection and he was back on antibiotics, and he went to not wanting to eat much of anything.

He has a strong will these days and throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants (oh boy, it's only the beginning I'm sure), you can no longer distract him and sneak a spoon full of food into his mouth. I know he will eat if he is hungry, and I should just let him be. He is still off the charts for height (almost 3 ft at 18 months) and in the 70 %ile for weight, but as a Mom, it always makes me happier inside seeing him eat well.

No comments: