Monday, March 16, 2009

Sick x 3

After 3 weeks of day care, Mason got sick. First, pink eye on Monday (2 weeks ago), and he was sent home with all his belongings. Then after 2 days, we were hoping for a normal Wednesday in daycare, but he woke up with a fever. A mild fever has persisted through out the last 4 days, poping up in the morning or afternoon. His Dr. looked at him, but didn't see any signs of infections, so just a lingering cold. He is still pretty happy, but more tired than usual and has no appetite for anything. Afterwards, it was followed by 4 days of high fever (103-104), which was scary. Tylenol and Ibuprofen around the clock to manage them, and finally back to the doctor's office, now he had an ear infection. Finally after 3-4 days of antibiotics, he was back to normal. We gave him the weekend to recover and he is back at daycare today, after missing 2 weeks.

x2 when Bill got sick from Mason's cold. He had a few days of fever, sore throat, and was in bed most of the week.

Then x3, I got Mason's cold too - yipee! Two weeks ago, at 35 weeks pregnant, I was already having a hard time sleeping at night, now with the congestion and cough from this cold, and Bill's snoring from his cold, it is nearly impossible to sleep at night. I managed to work all 2 weeks, frantically trying to wrap up everything at work before my leave starts. I finally got some antibiotics from my doctor too last week, and I feel much better and I can sleep at night. But my throat is still sore and my voice is nearly gone.

I don't know how my parents manage to stay healthy, but they do. We are all grateful for that. They took care of Mason and us in the past 2 weeks, and cleaned the house from all the germs we passed back and forth. I don't know how we would have managed without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry everyone has been sick. It's sure nice your parents have constitutions of steel!
Shawn