Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost better... then another virus

The past two weeks have been a little crazy. In addition to Audrey's stomach flu, my Mom and I have been both sick with a different flu (fever, congestion, coughing). Audrey went back to school last Wednesday and Thursday, because I thought she had recovered from the stomach flu and was keeping food down, until she threw up twice at daycare on Thursday. So, we started the Pedialite and non-dairy foods all over again.

My Mom has been taking care of Audrey with my Dad's help, and I've had to work through all this. Bill has been telling me to take a sick day, but I just can't find the time. It's a busy time at work as we prepare for our big conference in Miami in mid April called FICO World. I've had to drug myself to have the voice to present a client webinar last Wednesday, where 400+ clients had signed up.

This past weekend, I had a trip to Vegas with my girlfriends (Diana, Karen Lee, Karen U, Vicki and Yvonne), who I haven't seen in forever and have been planned since late last year. I was resolute to go. It was worth it and we had a great time, even through I had to endure the most painful landing I've ever experienced (my ears would not pop on the way down, and wouldn't pop until the next morning, no matter what I did because of my sinus congestion!). It was not your typical Vegas trip - I didn't gamble, I didn't have one single drink, and instead I worked out. We celebrated Karen U's baby shower (she is due in early May), had a great cake from Freedys for our shower, ate at nice restaurants, shopped and talked all weekend.

My parents came by during the weekend to help and Shawn was with us for three nights before heading up to Beaver Creek for her ski trip. But I still felt guilty leaving Bill with the kids, since Audrey was still sick.

Just as Audrey's tummy felt better, she started getting very congested and on Tuesday afternoon and evening she had a fever of 101.5. I took her to see the doctor on Wednesday, her ears and lungs are clear and he said it is another virus! Probably the one my Mom and I had. Arghhh!! Her fever peaked at 103 after coming back from the doctor's appt and stayed around 101 through out the night. Poor thing has been having difficult taking the bottle, before because of the stomach virus and lack of appetite, now because she can breathe as she drinks. And somewhere in this whole ordeal, she also got new tooth. We are hoping she can feel better soon and can return to daycare next week.

We had hoped that Audrey wouldn't get sick as often, since Mason has introduced germs from school from the time she was born. Not the case unfortunately. However, we are grateful that Mason has been healthy the past few weeks.

No comments: