Sunday, March 28, 2010

1st Stitch

Sunday started uneventfully. We went to the 9 am service at church and then headed to Safeway to pick up stuff for lunch and dinner. By the time we got to the store, Audrey was asleep. We wanted to let her sleep, so Bill stayed in the car and I went in with Mason. As we left the store, I had 4 bags of groceries in one hand and Mason on the other. Bill saw us approach the car, so he opened the van's sliding door. Mason smacked his head on the door... Bill certainly didn't know that Mason was so close to the door, I didn't see it coming, and Mason wasn't paying attention either.

He started to cry and upon taking his hand off his face, I saw blood! He had hit the car door right above his left eyebrow. It didn't bleed a lot and he stopped crying after a couple of minutes, but it was an urgent care visit nonetheless. After cleaning the wound and closer inspection the very nice doctor at Rocky Mountain Urgent Care recommended 1 stitch. The nurse was ready to hold Mason down, but he stood still and didn't cry at all during the whole process. Incredible!

Here are a few pictures from this evening.



Now, both kids have injuries around their left eyes. Audrey's black eye looked worse after a couple of days.


Good thing that they hardly remember either incident. Their appearances will take a few more days of recovery.

Here is a picture of Bill with all the kids from a couple of days ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy. I can't believe he didn't cry during the stitch!

joyce said...

oh man , poor mason! but way to handle it way better than i would have. :) i am dreading the inevitable day that this will happen with payton.