I spent all last week in Miami at a conference call FICO World hosted by my company. It is our big annual event that attracks about 600 clients (C-level executives from banks worldwide) and 200 FICO employees. Monday was mostly travel time. After giving 2 presentations, 2 video recordings, 5 client meetings, 3 partner meetings, 1 very long work party and 1 partner dinner... I hadn't seen the beach or the water other than the view from my room. The conference was at the Intercontinental Miami, but we sold out all the rooms, so a number of us stayed at the Epic hotel one block away. The
Epic hotel is only 1 year old and has much nicer rooms, balconies, and rain showers, so I was happy to be there. By Friday morning after my last meeting at 11:30 am, I was ready to scape. One of my co-workers from Colorado (Kirsten) and I went to South Beach for lunch at Larios and walked on the beach. I didn't even have time to change, but did what I could with the suit I had on.
South Beach

View from my room

Unfortunately, Bill's Aunt Dianne Burns passed away on Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. Bill made arrangements to go to the funeral in Atlanta on Sunday. After I got home Friday night, Bill left Saturday morning. We are grateful that my parents stayed with us during the whole week to help with the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment