Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chinese health system

Two days after my parents arrived in Shanghai, my dad's friend contacted me letting me know to call him urgently.  My dad was in the hospital for pneumonia!  The day before he had fever up to 103!  

I was freaking out as I don't have much confidence in the Chinese health system and hospitals.  They have made a number of mistakes on family and friends.  But as he was too weak to travel, there was no much to do but "trust" they would do a good job treating him.  My mom assured me he was in the best hospital where most foreigners are treated.

They cancelled all their local trips and planned to be in the hospital for 10 days. I called every day to check in and his voice was strong, fever was lowering or gone away, and he was feeling better.  

He was discharged on Monday after 10 days and will stay put in Shanghai until the end of the month.  

No comments: