Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

We didn't blog about Mother's Day, it was in the middle of sick kids and my parents being away in Europe. I told Bill that I didn't want anything other than to escape for a nice pedicure, which I did. :-)

For that reason, I didn't feel the pressure to provide a big Father's Day celebration. After the kids woke up (around 6:30 am), I left and pick up some Krispy Kreme doughnuts and some Caribou coffee for Bill. We went to church and afterwards had my Mom and Dad over to grill out and watch the Brazil vs. Ivory Coast World Cup match. My Dad got a new polo shirt and shorts perfect for the Summer weather in CO and in Shanghai (where he will be in another week), Bill got a new belt to replace his old one that is falling apart and a new tie (he doesn't wear ties very often, but when he does, he only has very old ones). Then Bill took a nap as Mason napped, and I took Audrey (who had woken up from her nap during our game) to the store in preparation for Mason's birthday party next week. I made lasagna from scratch for dinner (one of my Dad's favorites and Bill likes it too) and Bill and Mason left for some DQ.

Summary: doughnuts+coffee, + grill out lunch + WC game (win) + nap + new tie/belt + lasagna + DQ = good Father's day I think.

No comments: