Friday, June 11, 2010

Walking... with help

Audrey is walking... ok, with help. She will walk when you hold one of her hands or pushing her walker around. I can't wait for her to walk unassisted: 1) because it would be less frustrating for her to be able to walk on her own; 2) it would be easier for us not to have to walk her around or turn the walker where it bumps into the walls or furniture; 3) she wouldn't come back from daycare with her pants completely black around the knee area (since others in her class are already walking, the floors are not the cleanest); and 4) I could put her in cute little dresses, vs. pants if she wasn't crawling around. Any day now...



Going to the older class at daycare is helping Audrey meet new milestones and learn new tricks
NAP - She is taking one 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap on her mat on the floor with the other kids. I have no idea how the teachers get 10 1-yr-olds to sleep during the same 2 hours. I guess that is why we pay them to do it.
FOOD - She is also eating regular food. We have baby food, but haven't used in a few days. She is getting exposed to new foods at daycare and she is eating well, willing to try new things (unlike her brother who is an extremely picky eater). Today, she ate all her lasagna, the other day most of her hamburger - who knew. So, at home, we have been giving her our food, although selecting softer and smaller items.
SIPPY CUP - I still don't know how much milk she is drinking at daycare, it is probably not as much as at home. She is able to drink from a sippy cup, but still prefers the bottle. I'm not too worried about switching her yet.
COMMUNICATION - She is able to sign "more" and "please" (I think she means please or maybe she is just rubbing her belly), say "Mama" and I could swear I heard a "uh-oh" the other day when her toy fell to the floor, and follow directions to clap, stomp her feet, wave, blow a kiss, or even honk the horn on the toy car. It is amazing the growth from instinctual in their first few months, to eye-contact and smiles, to when finally they understand what you are saying and are able to respond back (clapping when you ask them to, or waving and getting a wave back). There is someone in there!

No comments: