We've gone for the last 3 years. The first year, we had heard about it from our neighbor next door (Phil). He has a plane that he keeps at Rocky Mountain Airport. We went with Mason (he was 1) and stayed only for a little bit. Last year, Bill and my Dad went with Mason again, and I choose to stay home with Audrey (she was too little). This year, we made plans to have all 4 of us there and made arrangements to meet our friends (Andy, his 1o-yr-old son David, his neighbors, our friends Jen, Winston and his 2 sons, our friend Pat). We took the trailer stroller for the kids, chairs with canopies for us (worth every penny to be able to have some shade), picnic blanket and cooler with drinks. We were prepared!
We arrived at around 10 AM when the airshow demostrations started and found a nice place on the grass for our whole group. Bill and I drove separately, as I expected to go home early with Audrey. But she took about a 1-hour nap in the stroller as the aerobatic plane made all kinds of incredible manuvers and noises around us - it didn't bother her. She was happy as a clam after her nap and lunch, and ended up staying until the very end of the airshow at 4 PM.
Our favorite was the aerobatic plane flown by Gary Ward (69-yr old) - he had two separate flights. He was just incredible and making manuevers on the plane we thought it would be impossible. The show was worth it just for those 2 flights.
The F16 and F18 at the end of the show were also very impressive. They were also very loud!! We gave the kids earplugs, but Mason would ask me to cover his ear ever time the jet came by, and then he would ask "is it over now?". After the 8th or 9th time, I said "no, it is not over until the jet lands", so after the next fly by he asked "is the jet landed yet?". I believe he enjoyed it, but didn't really like the noise and it got old after the first fly bys.
We are definitely coming back next year!
One of the videos I took from my office window from the practice on Friday

No comments:
Post a Comment