Audrey went to her 3-yr check up this morning:
30 lbs (50%ile)
39 inches (90%ile)
Although she talked up a storm all the way until Dr. Steitz came in, she didn't make a sound after the doctor came in. He asked me if she talked in full sentences, I said yes and she was until he walked in.
Audrey often listens to a book Nai Nai recorded for her called "Bright and Beautiful". When we got to the doctor's office today, she look at the flatiron mountains and said "Look at those mountains. God made those mountains... and He made me, and Mason, and Daddy, and you,... " She went on and on. That brings joy to my heart!
We (I) decided not to hide eggs from the Easter bunny this weekend. I never grew up with an Easter bunny tradition and Easter has nothing to do with a bunny or all the candy the kids end up with. They each brought home a basket full on Friday. This year, I was always lazy to plan any Easter egg activities since Audrey's birthday fell on the same weekend. Don't get me wrong our kids have candy all the time, but every other holiday now involves bags of candy and in large quantities. Instead of giving out candy, the kids took in Playdough eggs to their classes this year, pre-stuffed for the lazy parent!
By the way, there are many bunnies visiting and hopping around in the neighborhood and eating my tulips before they bloom. Sasha gives them a chase when she see them, but these days she prefers to nap under my desk. I'm about ready to get a BB gun.

1 comment:
I love those play doh eggs! We had a mix of those thrown into our egg hunt. I agree Easter isn't about the eggs and there's too much candy at every holiday. Payton even asked me if Earth day would have candy! Happy birthday to Audrey and hope you all had a blessed Easter! She's a smart one that Audrey--God did make each of you! :)
Post a Comment