We were doing art and crafts with he kids on Sunday, decorating a paper doll they had to create for school. We were pretty much done and Audrey was cutting a piece of paper with her little kid scissors. I remembered her teacher showing me how good she was doing cutting on her own, so I figured it was harmless and told her to be careful with her fingers.
Bill comes in and freaks out a few minutes later. What?!? Well, she decided to cut her own hair!!
Luckily that day the top layers of her hair were pulled back. She doesn't like having anything on her hair, so most of the time her hair is all down. Thank goodness enough of her hair was pulled back to conceal the chuck she decided to remove.
She started crying because Bill and I looked so freaked out, and I am sure we were yelling. Hopefully that made a lasting impression for that not to happen again.
I never thought I would have to say "don't cut your own hair" to my kids. Mason responded with a "of course I wouldn't" look, while Audrey still had a "why not?" look after she calmed down. I am worried.
I googled "kids cutting own hair" and saw must worse situations.
We saved the chunk of hair she cut as memento.


1 comment:
You know I am so fearful of this day to come. Mac loves cutting EVERYTHING. I'm actually more worried she'll cut my hair than her own. ha ha ha Glad it wasn't as horrific as her cutting off all her bangs. I believe Layla cut her hair a little while back, too. I guess it's bound to happen.
Post a Comment