Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Boys back tomorrow

Bill and Mason have arrived safely in LA, where they are spending the night and catching their flight back to Denver tomorrow morning.

Thoughts from the last two weeks:
- time alone with Audrey was easier than expected. She is older and more self sufficient and was a good girl these last 2 weeks
- two weeks felt longer than usual. I'm sure that was the case just to me.
- meals are much simpler to plan, cook and clean with just the 2 of us
- much easier to keep things straight here at home with just the 2 of us - less laundry, less toys everywhere (now I know who is mainly responsible for the mess)
- I have to run all the errands while Audrey is at school, otherwise, I have to bring her with me, and things will take twice as long
- I loved having some alone time with Audrey and I'm glad Bill and Mason got their time together. I can't wait to hear all the stories from their trip.
- I hope Mason comes to appreciate how lucky he is I have had this trip with Bill, Gong Gong, BuBu, Yaya, Mimi, Barbara and Hank.
- FaceTime, emails and texting swanked the distance between us. It was great to see and talk to them every day around our dinner time and their morning.
- the house feels very big and empty without them here. Miss them!

Picture from the boys' first meal back in the States.


No comments: