Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baltimore

In the second part of our trip, we drove up to Baltimore and met up with Lena, Brantley and Sandra.  Brantley rented us a row house I found on VRBO not too far from the harbor and ballpark (good thing there were no games, so parking and traffic were not bad).  

We went to a tour of the relatively new Johns Hopkins hospital, which was very impressive and the kids did great following around and behaving.  We went to a couple of receptions and got a babysitter so we could attend Brantley class dinner on Friday night with 20+ of his classmates that made it to the reunion.  We even saw the outside of where Brantley lived while he was at medical school.  

We enjoyed meeting some of Brantley's classmates and hearing old stories.  My favorite told by his classmate that met Brantley after their interview.  After Brantley was done with his interview, he came out and ask him "did they take you?", he responded "yes", and Brantley said "they took me too, let's go get drunk!"

He weather was not as nice, raining most of Friday and part of Saturday.  But we enjoyed our time together at Hopkins, going to the aquarium, B&O railroad museum, Fells Point and being together.  I hope the kids remember some of their experiences and seeing where Yaya went to medical school, it was special for us all to be there.

Maybe due to the rain, I didn't take as many pictures, and I could find none with Yaya and Mimi on my phone.  But I know we did get a group aquarium picture and pictures that Lena took on her camera (to be shared later).





No comments: