Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mason's 3-yr and Audrey's 15-mo check ups

We took the kids to the pediatrician for their respective check ups yesterday.

The nurse started with Audrey, and as she measured her and she asked us if we noticed a significant growth in the past couple of months. I told her it was hard to tell, since she went from crawling to walking in the past 3 weeks, so she went from being 1 ft above the ground to 2-3 ft above the ground. She even remeasured her, but that first measurement was right, she is 33 and 3/4 inches - off the scale for her age! She went from 90%ile length to off the scale, growing 3 inches in the last 3 months. Our little Amazon girl! We are not too surprise since she is a very good eater. My Mom, who often worries about Mason not eating enough, worries about Audrey eating too much!

That also explains why she is in size 6 shoes. We went to the shoe store to buy her proper hard soled shoes. I had no idea what size she would be, I tried size 3 1/2, and that didn't fit. The salesperson offered to measure her feet, and as I was looking for size 4, she said "she is 5 1/2 to 6, I would recommend size 6". Wow!

Audrey's stats at 15 months:
Weight: 23 lbs and 8 ounces - 60%ile
Height: 33 3/4 inches - >99%ile

Mason had his first height measurement standing up. He was off the scale of height, but is now in the 90%ile. That means out of 10 kids, here is 1 taller than him. In our group, that kid is the giant Gavyn (Eric and Lisa's 2-year old boy) who wore size 3T clothes at age 1 1/2.

Mason's stats at 3 years:
Weight: 35 lbs - 75%ile
Height: 39.5 inches - 90%ile

Both kids are healthy.

No comments: